Luxury accommodation, gourmet dining and a great variety of local habitats make this a great location for birders. The Resurgence has many birds on the property and partners with knowlegeable ornathologists, photographers and guides. Take 3 day trips to different New Zealand landscapes - the mountains of the Kahurangi National Park, the coastal Abel Tasman, estuarine birds around the Waimea Inlet and the migratory wading birds of Farewell Spit.
Learn about conservation and re-introduction of kiwi and whio from Peter, your host, who is active on the Committee of local community conservation group Friends of Flora.
Read more about birds found around the grounds at The Resurgence...
kev & trev the naughty kea at the resurgence
This unique list is generated by a global community of travellers, bloggers, conservationists, tour guides, birders and ecotourism operators. Curated by Terra Incognita - a social enterprise seeking to promote the best examples of ethical ecotourism worldwide - we’re part of a group of over 80 incredible birding tours from across the globe.
Choose your accommodation
Select your activities; eg
- Guided Kahurangi National Park Day Trip
- Abel Tasman Eco Tour (Boat Based)
- Abel Tasman Eco Tour (Land Based)
- Abel Tasman Luxury Boat Trip (Boat Based)
- A private day tour to Golden Bay
with Farewell Spit & Gannet Colony bird tours
- A self-drive day trip to Farewell Spit & Golden Bay
- A private trip with local photographer
- A day at The Resurgence walking tracks and bird watching
For every booking we make a contribution to a conservation project
Book direct for our best price.
”There are native birds everywhere“